I'tikaaf Program Registration and Rules
Masjid Al-Huda aims to provide an environment where brothers can fulfill the Sunnah of the Prophet (SAW) by secluding themselves in the house of Allah (SWT) during the last 10 days of Ramadan. The Masjid hopes to achieve this goal while also maintaining :
(1) the safety of all those who attend
(2) the spiritual sanctity of the Masjid
(3) the rights of the neighborhood surrounding the Masjid.
Hence, Masjid Al-Huda has established the following rules for this year’s I’tikaaf program:
(Must read and acknowledge)
- All children under the age of 16, whose parents are not present will be required to leave the Masjid 20 minutes after the Nightly Tafseer program. Only adult males age 16 and older will be allowed to remain in the Masjid overnight.
- Adult males who would like to perform I’tikaaf on any given day must arrive at the Masjid prior to midnight on that given night. Attendees must then stay in the Masjid until Fajr prayers. Anyone who leaves the Masjid after midnight will not be allowed to return.
- Attendees will be required to stay in the Masjid boundaries during the I’tikaaf and will not be permitted to sleep in the hallways or entry vestibule.
- Attendees must keep their daily belongings and bedding organized and out of the way of others in the Masjid. A special effort needs to be made to ensure that the Masjid remains neat and clean so that all can remain comfortable.
- Tablet & laptop computers and other similar electronics will not be permitted on the Masjid premises during the I’tikaaf program. Attendees are encouraged to bring a personal copy of the Holy Qur’an or to use those that are currently present in the Masjid.
- Use of cell phones is discouraged, except in the case of emergency. The Masjid phone will be available to use.
- Attendees will not be allowed to eat or drink except in the areas designated for eating in the back of the Masjid.
- Attendees should not adjust fans, lights, windows, or air conditioning units. Requests to make adjustments to any of these should be placed directly to the management of Masjid Al-Huda.
- Attendees should park their cars in the Masjid Al-Huda South Milwaukee parking lot.
- Do not park on the streets around Masjid Al-Huda South Milwaukee as the regular musalli’s use this parking.
The goal of these rules is to provide the most spiritually uplifting experience for attendees with consideration of the Shariah and the Sunnah. May Allah (SWT) make us among those that benefit from this very special opportunity.
Masjid Al-Huda 2019/1440- I`itikaf Schedule
|Morning Adhkar & Surah Yasin||5:15am||5:30am|
|Maghrib Adhan & Iftar||~8:25pm|
|Late Night Session||11:50pm||1:15am|
Masjid Al-Huda I’tikaaf Locations
Main I’tikaaf with Schedule – Masjid Al-Huda South Milwaukee
Private Worship I’tikaaf – Masjid Al-Huda Main campus