Masjid Al-Huda Winter Retreat Basketball Tournament
Sister’s Tournament: Friday 8:30pm to 10:00pm
Brother’s Tournament: Friday 10:15pm to 11:45pm
Cost: $10 per person
Registration mandatory – register below
Basketball Tournament Rules
(3-on-3 half court basketball tournament)
- To participate in the tournament, players must be registered for and in attendance of the weekend retreat.
- The cost is $10 per player.
- Teams may have up to four (4) players.
- Maximum of sixteen (16) teams for the tournament.
- Players cannot be added to a roster after the start of the tournament.
- Games will be played half-court for regular season and full-court for playoffs.
- Playoffs will consist of game between 3rd and 4th place team, and 1st and 2nd place team.
- Players must be thirteen (13) years of age by the start of the retreat.
- Games will run for seven (7) minutes (running clock) or until eleven (11) points — whichever comes first.
- Games can be won by one (1) point.
- Tied games will be decided by five free throws per team. If still tied, then by three free throws. If still tied, it will be counted as a tie on each team’s record.
- Free throws will not be added to point differential.
- Substitutions may only be made on a dead ball.
- Referee’s decisions are final. Arguing a call will be an automatic technical foul (referee’s discretion).
- Two technical fouls in the tournament will result in ejection from tournament and forfeiting of participation fee.
- Any use of foul or inappropriate language will result in automatic ejection from the tournament (referee’s discretion) and forfeiting of participation fee.
- Any un-Islamic or inappropriate behavior will result in automatic ejection from the tournament (referee’s discretion) and forfeiting of participation fee.
- Friday night will be played in a round robin format.
- Each team will be scheduled to play either two (2) or three (3) games, depending on number of teams registered.
- Top four (4) records will advance to playoffs on Saturday night. If multiple teams have the same record, then rankings will be determined by point differential.
- Consolation and championship game will be ten (10) minutes in length.