Ramadan Family Power Hour
Week 3 Contest (5/3 – 5/8)
This ramadan has been a little different not being able to go to the masjid. However so many of you have been making your homes a great place to pray. If you had a chance to make your own masjid, how would it look? What features would you include? What would you name?
Come up with a miniature masjid– it can be made out of legos, popsicle sticks, you can draw it with markers, or crayons you can paint it, make a model with clay, or in a diorama in a shoebox.
Be creative and detailed as possible and send us a picture at email@example.com before next Friday! One thing you cannot use are large boxes to make a big masjid which a lot of people are making and posting on pinterest -for a masjid for children.
If you have any questions please email us soon. We will vote for the most unique and detailed and announce the winner on the next POWERHOUR. The winner will receive a $25.00 gift card to TARGET.
1. Create a mini masjid out of materials in the home
2. You can use materials such as legos, clay, popsicle sticks, paper, blocks, etc.
3. Use the members in your family, but make sure parents are helping not solely creating.
4. Name your masjid and add one or two lines explaining some of its features.
5. Send us a picture(s) (maximum of three pictures) at kidsfun@alhudamke before midnight on FRIDAY MAY 8.
This page will be dedicated to our “Ramadan Family Power Hour.”
This program will be live on the Al-Huda YouTube Channel at 5pm CST every sunday from 4/26/2020 and will last approximately one hour.
Program consists of:
1. Live Storytime (Sun @ 5pm)
2. Craft (posted on this page for download)
3. Contest (competition details are on this page)
4. Medical Clinic (where we will discuss common Ramadan-related symptoms and how to deal with them)
5. Practical Ramadan advice for families
For any questions, concerns, suggestions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org